How many units are needed for the qualification?
You must be assessed as competent in a total of 12 units of competency 1 core and 11 electives - to be awarded the BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
• BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBADM101 Use business equipment and resources
- BSBCMM101 Apply basic communication skills
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBITU211 Produce digital text documents
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBWOR203 Work effectivity with others
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- FSKRDG10 Read and respond to routine workplace information
- FSKWTG09 Write routine workplace texts
As part of the face-to-face program, we will give you the opportunity to practice the skills learnt in a simulated environment. This will also form part of your assessment activities.
For Distance Leaners, it is strongly recommended that you find an opportunity to do work experience. This could be in a volunteer situation.
To complete the certificate, it will take approximately 6-12 months (600-1200 hours). These timelines may differ depending on the type of funding and study arrangements.
In undertaking this course, you will need access to a computer, internet access and the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
If you cannot access these resources, please contact us.
These resources are required for undertaking practice activities and assessments.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Your history of life and work experiences, as well as formal and informal training, may be applied using the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process. All students are offered RPL upon enrolment or commencement of training. Documentary evidence will be required.