This entry-level qualification allows individuals across a variety of industry sectors to develop basic skills and knowledge to prepare for work. They may undertake a range of simple tasks under close supervision. The range of technical skills and knowledge is limited.
What will I learn?
Topics covered in this course include:
- Use business equipment and resources
- Operate a personal digital device
- Develop keyboard skills
- Apply basic communication skills
- Produce digital text documents
How is it delivered?
This course is available through the following options:
- Face-to-face training is offered through workshops, self-paced study, and tutorial support.
How many units are needed for the qualification?
You must be assessed as competent in a total of 6 units of competency – 1 core and 5 electives—to be awarded the BSB10115 Certificate I in Business.
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBADM101 Use business equipment and resources
- BSBITU111 Operate a personal digital device
- BSBITU112 Develop keyboard skills
- BSBCMM101 Apply basic communication skills
- BSBITU211 Produce digital text documents
As part of the face-to-face program, we will give you the opportunity to practice the skills learned in a simulated environment. This will also form part of your assessment activities.
To complete the certificate, it will take approximately 6-12 months (600 - 1200 hours). These timelines may differ depending on the type of funding and study arrangements.
In undertaking this course, you will need access to a computer, internet access and the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Students will be provided with:
- Workbooks and Assessment Guides for each unit
- Student Handbook and Course Guides
- Access to additional supports
Funding & Costs
This qualification is offered through:
- Group arrangements or funded projects
You can refer to the following documents for further information:
How do I enrol?
Please contact us for enrolment information.
Call: 07 4512 6770